Friday, May 7, 2010

The power of journaling

"Journal writing is a voyage to the interior" ~ Christina Baldwin

Journal writing is the activity in which we are able to write and express all of our up most personal secrets, lies, doubts, truths, happiness, sadness, and uniqueness. We reflect on our lives and who we are inside and out. Journaling not only helps us realize who we are within, but it helps us realize the person we are striving to be.

Journaling is a powerful exersise that I would suggest to anyone, everywhere, at every age. For as long as I can remember I have kept a journal of some sort and I still have every single one of them saved in a drawer in my desk. I sometimes even go back and read my journal from when I was 6 (it was Hello Kitty of course). It's fun to read and remember the innocence of life then ;)

Whether your journaling takes place in a torn up notebook or a hand crafted woven book, it's a journal and it's YOURS. It's your private space to feel that no one can barge in without knocking and no one can judge. It's the ultimate place for you to feel heard.

Dani California's journal recommendation: 
"The True and the Questions" by Sabrina Ward Harrison

















This journal is fantasic and is written by a fantastic writer. Check out her website too at: http://www.sabrinawardharrison.com

Peace & Happy Journaling,
Dani California

No comments:

Post a Comment